Friday, July 22, 2011

Veteran's Affairs Vocational Rehabilitation Issue???

My appointment to the VA Benefits office to talk to a VocRehab Counselor was surprising, insightful, stressful and very upsetting.  It's like being on Cloud 9 and then you're falling.  To be told years ago, in 2000, that you're eligible and now 10 years later you're not eligible is a blindsided punch.  I don't know who to believe anymore. 

It seems several employees didn't follow systematic procedures.  Being one of over 60 Veterans to start all over is not doing well with me at the moment.  I do understand that someone didn't follow procedure and things have to be done to correct it. 

I and other veterans were assured that we will not be penalized for a VA Employees mistake.  Yet, if we're not eligible under the new rules.  VA taking back all the equipment that was given to us is still penalizing.  I feel that since I've been in the system since 2000.  That I should be grandfathered. 

However, this counselor wants us to work together to make this right.  I'll do that one last time.  A big part of me is yelling at me to go see a lawyer about this mess.  I will, if I do receive a denial letter. 

Just when I thought it was good to trust the VA again, this happens. 


2 comments: