Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Larraine and Frenz's Reaction.

LARRAINE'S REACTION

Larraine found out that I had watched Transformers 3 yesterday with her Ate Arissa.  I also invested in a new phone for my work/business.  I thought she would take it well.  But I could feel her sadness that I didn't take her with me.  I guess my neni girl felt that I left her out. 

I have every intention of having fun with her and her brother when I go home to Cagayan De Oro in a few months.  It's not easy seeing, feeling her disappointment a thousand miles away.  She was more upset with the elders in the family teasing her.  That didn't go to well.

Normally, she would have great comebacks.  But, after our chat last night.  I knew she wasn't in the mood.  Larraine did try to negotiate a compromise earlier.  I give her credit for that.  She wants a touch screen phone just like mine.  Unfortunately, Rhoda and I don't believe she's ready for one.  She did want pizza.  The last time we had pizza back in the Philippines was when I was last there, more than 2 years ago.  I could manage to send extra funds next time so that Larraine and her brother can enjoy a slice of pizza with their mommy.  Knowing my boy Frenz, he'll probably eat a small pizza all to himself.  Larraine and her mommy, on the other hand, can share a small pizza just for them. 

Larraine is very patient.  Rhoda and I are blessed that she understands our priorities within the house. 


FRENZ'S REACTION

We found out why my boy Raphael Frenz's enjoys bread at 1500 everyday.  It seems that Larraine would use the money for her baon to buy her baby brother bread everyday after school on her way home.  No wonder Larraine has asked me for an increase on her baon allowance. 

So everyday, Monday to Friday, at around 1400.  Frenz would jump on the wooden couch in the living room and look out the window waiting for his Ate Larraine.  Everytime a bicycle or motorela would stop in front of the house, he would shout, "Ate!".  He did this everyday when Larraine was in school.  He eagerly waited for his pan (bread). 

Unfortunately, yesterday, Larraine had a test and a school event which kept her late from returning home at the appointed time.  Frenz was patiently waiting at his usual lookout spot in the living room, peering out the window.  Rhoda informed me that he was worried why his ate was taking long.  But he waited on his usual spot.

When Rhoda got ready to leave the house to do an errand.  Frenz assumed that he would be going with his mommy to pickup Larraine.  According to Rhoda, Frenz through a fit and was terribly upset that he could not go, and was screaming as she left the house. 

Before going home, Rhoda bought some fruits for the kids to eat.  At the house, when she opened the door.  Frenz came running towards her with a morsel of bread in his mouth.  He was in a happy mood.  His Ate Larraine had finally come home earlier and brought his bread.   He looked into the bag that his mommy was carrying and laughed really hard seeing the fruits inside.  He knew it was for him and his sister. 

I love it when my children are happy. 


ESTA...

1 comment: