Thursday, July 14, 2011

Guahan's BMW




BMW's are common here on the islands, especially on Guahan and the Northern Marianas Islands being in Typhoon Alley.  From what I've heard, It's safe to say that most typhoons on Guahan bring out the BMW's. Depending on when the typhoon hits and how long it lasts determines the intensity of the BMW.  No, it doesn't mean driving your expensive Beamer in the typhoon. Although, a Beamer is a type of BMW.  But that's not the BMW that I'm talking about. 

BMW's happen when it's cold from the passing Thunder Storm and/or Typhoon and a couple wants to keep warm.  The other side of the coin is that they're bored and there is nothing else to do during a long typhoon. 

I have driven Beamer's in Germany while I was stationed there during my tour of duty with the military.  There really pretty good cars.  I have yet to experience an actual BMW during a typhoon.  Mostly because our house is full of family members and every room is occupied.  Also, I'm mostly up with the boys and keeping an eye on the passing storm. 

Most of the Primos who experience BMW's, are those guys who don't come out to help during the storm.  I've always wondered where in the world did they find the time.  This storm is just teasing us.  No big deal about it. 

If you haven't figured out what a BMW is.  It is not a German Car.  It's a slang we use here on the island and stands for "Baby Making Weather".  You normally see the blessing from those consequences 9 months later. 

ESTA...

No comments:

Post a Comment