Monday, July 25, 2011

Bumped off my OSHA 2264 Course.

I asserted myself into my training program last year when I started taking my Core Classes at GCA Trades Academy under the Guam Transportation Training Program.  I took it upon myself to find the available classes that I needed to finish the course.  I decided that I will not be the other students who will wait by the phone to find out their next class.  I went and looked for the classes I needed to finsh. 

During that time, I got to know Lori and Debbie at GCA Trades Academy.  I worked with them to get booked in the next available Core and Safety classes.  I know I was a pain to Debbie and Lori for always calling to make sure there was another class available before I finished the current class that I was in.  I appreciate both of them so much for being accommodating to me.  I also got to know Desiree, Chantel, Francine, and Ann Marie at Guam Contractor's Association.  I did the same thing to them.  Always calling on a weekly basis to get myself on the next Safety Class.  They all made it possible to insure I was in the next class.  Even if the safety course was full, I was placed on standby.  In the event that someone maybe a no show or cancellation, I would just move right on in.  I am so grateful to all of the ladies for helping me out to succeed in my endeavors. 

I can't believe that I was on top of the list to take this course tomorrow.  Only to be bumped off by students who are not even on the GCA Trades Academy List.  A whole other list was turned in to GCA Trades.  So those students can catch up.  Now, I'm told that I have to wait for the next course because the class is filled. 

I wonder of those students, who bumped me off, even have OSHA 511-General Industry Standards, a prerequisite for the OSHA 2264 Permit Required Confined Space Entry. 


ESTA...

No comments:

Post a Comment