Thursday, April 21, 2011

Doing What I Have To Do.

I went to the GCA Trades Office this morning to sign my contract for the next course.  I was to early.  My contract wasn't ready.  But, I was asked if I wanted another class to teach on Saturdays.  I jumped at it.  It was a Basic Rigging course.  So I was asked if I can come back after lunch to sign both contracts. 

I went and ran some errands and had a quick lunch.  Tumon Bay looked inviting.  I didn't want to waste gas driving around, especially now that gas on island is $4.53/gal.   I went back to the Guam Contractor's Office and just waited for about 30 minutes until the contracts were done down the hall at the Trades Academy office. 

For some reason, I correctly guessed the time when it was done.  In fact, as I walked into the Trades Academy office the contracts were coming out of the printer.  Debbie told me that it would only be the Hand and Power Tools Course.  The Saturday Basic Rigging Class wasn't a go.  Well, One is better than none.  I signed the contract and picked up the instructor's kit.  I looked it over and it was all good to go, even with the tests, performance evaluations, and instructor evaluations. 

I'll be really busy next week.  I will be teaching Mondays and Wednesdays in the morning at the GCA Trades Academy Barrigada Campus.  I am also supposed to be in class for the OSHA Confined Space Course at the GCA conference room at the same time frame for those two mornings.  The OSHA Confined Space Course is 3 days long, Monday through Wednesday, 0800 to 1700.  I'll be there for the first hour Monday and Wednesday, than leave at the top of the hour at 0900 and head up to the Trades Campus to conduct my Hands and Power Tools Class.  At 1200, I head back down to the GCA Conference room and participate in the Confined Space Course again.

I have to do this both on Monday and Wednesday.  I can always do homework and read the materials from the course.  I cleared this plan with the Trades Registrar, Lori, and she said it was okay.  BUT, I have to audit the next Confined Space Course in a couple of months.  Anything to get this course underneath the GTTP Scholarship. 

To top it off, I'll be teaching the Demolition Section, of the USACE EM 385-1-1 40-hour Safety Course, that Wednesday afternoon at 1600.  I'm cutting it really close.  Well, when I want something really bad, I will do whatever I can to get it.  At least, I'll have some breathing room to teach the Tree Maintenance and Removal Section the next day, Thursday, after lunch.


2 comments: