Thursday, April 28, 2011

Awesome Presentation.

Great presentation today.  I did my 2nd presentation for the 40-hour USACE Safety Course.  My topic was on Tree Maintenance and Removal, Section 31 of the EM 385-1-1.  I was relaxed.  I've years of experience felling trees here on the island ranch.  Walking around in front of participants and down the center aisle really helps slow me down.  Summarizing the power point slides really helped.  I knew the topic.  I wasn't rushed today. 

Walking around really helps set the rhythm for the presentation.  One of the student safeties, who is also one of my group mates with GTTP, mentioned to me that I did great.  I was relaxed, great eye contact, lots of personal experiences, knowledgeable of the topic, I was in my element, and focused. 

I was able to meet more with some of the participants during lunch.  I met up with Sis. Shirley and Sis. Elaine at the restaurant at the Fiesta Resort, our presentation lunch room.  Food was great today too.  The Brownies were awesome, today, and yesterday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment