Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Beautiful Sunday Morning at the Ranch.

I'm writing this post under the shade of my mango tree.  Having a laptop is pretty cool.  I didn't realize how strong my wifi reception is from the base, inside the house.  I'm glad it's password protected. 

Anyway, it is nice and cool outside.  My dogs are barking at a strange dog across the street.  The neighbor next door is burning.  I don't mind it.  The smoke will help my trees fruit more.  Debating if I should cut the grass this morning. 

This my first of four breaks.  I need sometime away from the ministry.  I don't want to have anything happen, that happened before.  In other words, I don't want to hate what I enjoy doing.  I enjoy working as the cameraman for Delta Camera.  I've been thinking about this for months.  My initial vacation time away from the ministry would have been when I took my vacation to go to the Philippines to be with my family.  However, with all my class schedules at GCA Trades Academy and my ISOM classes with the church, the last couple of months.  My trip kept getting postponed.  So my vacation has not happened.  It's planned for late June or early July this year.  My last class with Trades is in June, as well as the last Trimester with ISOM.  After that last ISOM class, I am popping smoke and taking the first flight out of here.  BUT, for now, I have to take this break. 

It's amazing how the sun comes up in the ranch.  I've truly missed waking up early in the morning and watching the sun come up while I'm doing my morning ranch checks.  With all the hectic class schedules, that morning chore fell to the wayside, until today.  Since I started my classes, I did my ranch checks after I got home from my classes.  It doesn't have the same feeling.  I usually rush to feed the animals before sunset.  Then I would hit the books or do research on the internet.

I watched this morning as the guinea fowl went looking for bugs among the pasture grass.  The feral chickens would follow them.  The smell of fresh ocean air that comes through in the breeze just tingles my nose.  The rabbits running around in their cages, trying to get my attention.  The new pups underneath the back porch getting up from the morning breakfast, growling, at my voice. 

It's taking me awhile to finish this post.  It's almost lunch time.  I keep getting distracted with my animals.  I am glad I prayed and made the decision to do this much needed break.  I am free for the next two weeks, nothing on my schedule.  It's ranch work for now. 

My next course instruction is on the 25th of March, on Hand Tools and Power Tools.  I'm trying to reschedule that with the Trade's Main Office to the next week on the 2nd of May.  I have a scheduling conflict that day of the 25th.  I have an OSHA Elective Course - Confined Spaces, which I want to take.  I've been on that list since January. 

I'll be back operating Delta Camera on May 8th. 


ESTA...

1 comment: