Thursday, April 22, 2010

Construction: Have my Naval Contractor's ID

I was finally able to get my Naval Contractor's ID this morning at the Pass and ID building at Big Navy.  The line was long but went by fast.  When I finally got into the room for processing.  The staff their could not find my approved paperwork from DZSP 21. 

It was an agonizing 30 minute wait.  But, they were able to find my paperwork in another file.  I didn't want to go all the way back to the shop without my Naval ID.  I also need to make sure the payroll secretary knows that I was down at the Pass and ID building at 0730 and get it counted towards my hours. 

Now, I'm waiting for my air force security clearance to be approved, so I can start working on projects at the airbase. 

Heard on the news this morning, that Guam's federal contractor's will have to start paying prevailing wages to their employees if that company is involved with any federal project.  The pay should start at the new federal project.  On-going projects being worked on now are exempted from that policy. 

That's good news for many guys in the company.  We all get pay raises on the next federal project that wour company is awarded to work.  The only problem with prevailing wages, it fluctuates.  So it maybe up on one project.  Then on another project it goes down.  To me, as long as I get the blessing.  I"m happy either way. 


Keep Smiling

5 comments: