Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Larraine's Asthma Attack at School.

Larraine had one of her asthma attacks in school today.  So Rhoda took her out of class and took her to the doctor.  I don't like it when my neni girl gets hurt.  I didn't find out until I got back from my ISOM Class later this evening.  Rhoda told me what happened. 

I decided I was going to mess gently with my neni girl.  While we were chatting. I was asking Rhoda to ask Larraine some questions on why she got sick again and in school.  Rhoda was relaying the conversation. 

I asked Larraine if she kissed a boy, maybe that's why she has asthma.
Larraine said, "Bleh...maybe you". 
I replied, "Daddy does not have asthma". 
Larraine said, "That's because mommy is not there".  I wonder what she meant by that, hmmm.

So Rhoda told me that Larraine left our bedroom pissed off, to watch tv.

I told Rhoda to tell Larraine, that since she broke her arm at school and now has asthma from school...she has to lay on the bed and rest.  I asked Rhoda to turn on the webcam so that I may see the bed.  Sure enough my neni girl was in bed...but she was mad.  lol...

A few minutes later she asked to use the bathroom to void and to move her bm.  I was laughing on this side of the Philippine Sea.  Larraine will come up with excuses to try to get what she wants.  But I do know my girl very well.  I knew she will want to talk to me.  So I was waiting.  Sure enough, I saw her standing there next to her mommy.  She typed..."Daddy Please".

I said, call me...and they did on messenger.

Then Larraine asked me again, "Daddy, Please, may I watch TV?"

I asked her what will she watch.  She replied, "The Lost Princess".

So I asked her the questions that I had asked Rhoda to relay to her earlier.

I said, "Larraine, did you kiss a boy?"
Her reply, "No, Daddy".
I asked, "Did you flirt with any boys?"
Her reply, "No, Daddy".
Then I asked, "So why do you have asthma?"
She replied, "Because I miss you, daddy". 

AWWWW....I melted...In my mind, Great Answer, Larraine!  ROFL...
I replied back, "I love you, Larraine...Go watch TV".  I got to the see the most beautiful smile on that young lady of mine. 

Larraine knows that she can approach me and her mommy, but especially me, anytime to ask us anything.  Larraine doesn't like to see me mad.  She doesn't like Rhoda and I having disagreements either.  I don't think most children like watching or knowing that their parents are fighting.  Larraine will not eat, if she knows Rhoda and I are upset with each other.  Her discernment is very strong.  So Rhoda and I have to be very careful around Larraine and try to discuss hot issues when were alone. 

I rarely ever got mad at Larraine.  I think it was only once, during Christmas two years ago in Butuan City.  Larraine did something wrong, her grandma had asked her to do something and Larraine answered back.  Right then,  I called her name, in a sharp snapping tone.  That not only got her attention but also her grandma's attention as well.  She stopped what she was doing and ran and hugged her grandma really tight, telling her sorry.  That was Christmas Eve.  That evening she slept with us for the first time since we've been there.  We were there for three days already. 

Larraine is doing okay now.  Rhoda got her meds. 




4 comments: