Sunday, February 14, 2010

Larraine's Accident Update.


A lot has happened since the accident Wednesday morning at school.  Most of what I know is told to me by Rhoda, my wife. 

On Thursday morning, Larraine was prepped for surgery.  She had to fast in the morning prior to surgery in the afternoon.  Meanwhile at around 1130, Rhoda, Sharon, and Dindin, prayed over Larraine.  I am so thankful for everyone, family and friends, who prayed for Larraine.  Who received the messages from here, face book, emails, and texts.  You'll know why in a couple of seconds.

Larraine wanted her mommy to accompany her into the Operating Room.  Rhoda was not able to, even to observe.  When the time came, the nurses rolled my little girl into the OR and prepped her.  Larraine told her mommy after she awoke from her recovery that she had prayed for God to watch over her and to heal her, just before she went under. 


I waited anxiously two time zones away, calling every now and then to get updates from Rhoda.  I was surprised when Rhoda told me that Larraine came out with a plaster cast on her arm.  I was wondering to myself, that was fast.  However, Larraine was still sleeping when I called. 


The next time I talked to Rhoda.  She told me that when Larraine awoke, she exclaimed that she experienced a miracle.  I thought that was just the effects from the anesthesia.  But when Rhoda told me that the surgical nurses in attendance reported to her that there was no surgery, that the orthopedic surgeon just set the arm and put a cast on it.  I was spiritually jumping for joy.  I had prayed for no surgery, as did, Rhoda, Sharon, and Dindin.  We had prayed for God's healing to take place. 

It's totally amazing that after 3 doctors had told us that Larraine needed a metal plate to secure her bones.  The next day, in the OR prior to the surgery, the operating surgeon discovered there was no need for surgery.  It is truly amazing.  Whatever happened, God had allowed to perform a miracle on Larraine.  God is so Good!  How else can you explain it?  We're going to keep the x-ray, if we can get it. 

I am so thankful for everyone who prayed for my little girl.  My God Bless you and your families abundantly.  I continue to pray for fast healing and good therapy for Larraine. 


Thank You and Keep Smiling 


1st pic above is Larraine getting up from her recovery.
2nd pic is her getting prepped for surgery.
3rd pic is her waking from recovery.

1 comment: