Saturday, December 31, 2011

Celebrating Christmas and New Year's with my Family via Cellphone.

I finally talked to my son, Frenz, two days ago.  The last time we talked and played together, was when I saw him in the backyard riding his trike, the day I left to fly back to Guahan.  Since then, Rhoda and Larraine would give me news about my boy via YM or Skype.  To finally hear his voice over the phone was totally awesome. 

Frenfren said, "Hi Daddy!  Merry Christmas dad.  I miss you.  I love you". 

I replied back, "Merry Christmas my boboy, I miss you too.  Love you so much". 

There was some coaching from Rhoda to keep him focused on talking to me.  I apparently kept him from going to sleep at the family house in the province.  As soon as I called...Frenz got up.  He knew I was calling. 

Frenz asked about his chokoy (chocolates).  I told him that I will bring his chocolates home with me.  When I fly back there in a couple of weeks/months.  Rhoda told me that he was smiling when I said, I will bring his chocolates with me. 

I talked to my Neni Girl, Larraine.  She is so big and mature for her age.  She has become a beautiful young lady.  I'm gonna have to buy more guns and ammo to keep the boys in line.  Also, more pitbulls to raise to keep them from sneaking up to the house.  Anyway, Larraine is happy to be with her cousins and siblings back at the family compound in the province.  We talked a bit on the phone.  I miss her so much.  Larraine knows I'd give her anything.  Unfortunately, Rhoda keeps me in check about those things. 

Finally, got some talk time with my beautiful lady, wishing each other Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, talking about our plans for the coming month, and what the kids are doing.  Rhoda has been doing so much in my absence.  We both know that I have to be here on Guahan earning income for them.  The hard part is the distance.  What really helps is our Faith.  We put God first in our family, and because we do, things go so much smoother with God as our first priority. 

While talking to Rhoda, I could hear Frenfren in the background yelling at his elder cousin.  My boy is bossy.  Actually Frenfren and Larraine emulate their mommy and me.  So they act out what they see.  But they do go overboard with it.  While he was there, Frenfren, 2 years old and the baby of the family, is telling his elder siblings and cousins to clean up after themselves, and be quiet.  Rhoda tells me that Frenfren is constantly sweeping the floor.  Fren doesn't like the floor dirty because he doesn't like his feet dirty.  He is very organized for his age puts his things in order and folds his clothes.  Amazing for a 2 year old. 

Larraine loves to sing and dance.  She has a beautiful voice.  She enjoyed her time volunteering with her mommy as they treated many flood survivors.  When her baby brother, Frenfren, went to Butuan City ahead of them, with his Nino, a day after the flood hit Cagayan De Oro City.  Larraine was really emotional and missing her baby brother.  Rhoda and I could only laugh but feel bad for her at the same time.  Those two are very close. 

My family will be back in Cagayan De Oro next week from their Christmas/New Year vacation.  I can hardly wait for my next visit in the coming weeks/months to be with them again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment