Monday, January 2, 2012

Brainstorming new goals for 2012

I'm still working on my new goals for 2012.  I want to make sure that my goals for this year are achievable.  Looking back on my 2011 goals, I'm still surprised by how much I've accomplished.  It feels good to see on paper what I've accomplished and exceeding many of the goals. 

Brainstorming is easy.  You just write down anything that comes to mind, when it comes to goal making.  In my previous blog posts, I mentioned I have 5 areas or categories that are the foundations of me.  I'm currently brainstorming four of the five categories.  The Hobby category is from last year, 2011 goals.  I'm just going to move that up from last year to this year and maybe tweak it a bit for this year and maybe make it more achievable.  The other categories, I'm going to make some goal steps more challenging.  I'll be adding some new goals to the Spiritual Faith category and bring back the goal step that I didn't achieve.  In the family category, I'll probably raise the goals to make it more challenging.  Same with the Career Categories.  My Health Category may be the hardest for now.  That I'm going to have to plan out.  I'm looking at more physical goals for that category.  All in all, it's not that hard.  I've been doing this for years since the early 80's. 



I was able to talk to Rhoda and kids the last couple of days.  It feels good to hear all their voices.  Talked to my mother-in-law for a few minutes one night.  Larraine and Frenz are happy to be back at the family compound.  Rhoda tells me that Frenz gets up at 0600 and goes next door to his siblings house to play by the river.  He even goes to other homes of relatives to play.  I'm not worried about him going about the neighborhood there.  That's all family on his grandmother's side. 

Larraine also goes around to her cousins to play around the neighborhood.  But she usually is with her Auntie Rizza.  I'm glad Larraine is busy when she goes back to the province for vacation.  It's so funny...When we went back to Butuan for Frenz dedication.  Rhoda and I didn't see our kids for a couple of days.  They only came to us when they needed something.  Other than that, they were outside with their siblings and cousins.  When we wanted to see them.  We had to go outside and find them.  I enjoy my trips to the family compound in the province.  It's really peaceful. 




2 comments: