Saturday, January 21, 2012

Great Week for Safety.

This has been a great week.  I am thankful for the rain and the sun...both are good for my ranch.  I enjoyed the cool nights and wet mornings.  Towards the end of the week, it got nice and warm.  It's great. 

I just came off conducting an OSHA 30 hour General Industry Hazard Recognition Course at OSH Solutions.  We had some great students who attended.  The interaction was awesome...lots of questions from the students kept me on my best.   And, I answered all of them going back to the OSHA standard and from personal experiences.  The students passed with flying colors.  I am sure they will take the information with them and apply it with their companies to have a great safety culture. 

Had my doctor's appointment with the VA and USNH on Thursday morning regarding my left hand.  I have Severe Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.  It looks like I'm going to go for the surgery to correct the numbness that I'm having with my finger tips.  I'm being referred to Dr. Landstrom's Clinic for them to do the surgery.  He's one of the best doctors on island for hand surgeries. 

Later that day, after my appointment.  I met with Frank and Chuck, both work with Primo Al, in Program Management.  Their company is moving into Construction.  So I went down to help them understand some aspects of Construction Safety.  During our discussions, I clarified some training courses that will be needed for them in regards to military contracts.  Meeting was great and productive.  Have some things to email to Frank by Monday to help the company move forward.  This is a great opportunity to work with Primo Al, Frank, and Chuck. 

Things are looking great for OSH Solutions this year.  Partnering with them last year has been a blessing.  I really appreciate Ann Marie for giving me the chance to become one of her independent instructors under OSH Solutions.  I've had so much instruction time in front of so many students.  Since I started teaching Safety in March 2011.  It's going to be a year soon.  I'm really glad for the opportunity.  I know Rhoda shares my thoughts on this as well.  I'm looking towards OSH Solutions trainings and expansion this year.  We're going to be picking up a major contract this year. 

This morning, I saw a really good friend of mine on Marine Corps Drive (Rt. 1).  She is a Site Safety for her construction company, Hawaiian Rock Products Inc..  They were doing the road repairs, from the Air Force's water break line a couple of weeks ago, this morning.  I saw Cathy slowly walking around the Traffic Work Zone, keeping an eye for any safety violations.  The Work Zone looked really good.  Her crew did a great job.  Safety is First and I'm glad that she's doing a great job with her company.  Hope to see her in Safety Class again in the future. 

This afternoon, I was working to do maintenance service on my Poulan Chainsaw.  I'm not done with servicing it.  I'm going to have to take it apart sometime this week and get it done properly.  I'll just use my new Poulan Chainsaw to cut that tree into firewood. 

Also, still working on my 2012 Goals and Ranch Projects Goals.  Both are taking longer than I anticipated.  I'll post them here as soon as I am done writing them up. 

2 comments: