Thursday, December 8, 2011

NCCER reviewed my recommendation for correction






Just received an email from NCCER's Product Development.   They reviewed my recommendation regarding an error I spotted in the module I was taking at the time in my Project Management Course.  The researched and found that my recommendation is correct.  How awesome is that?! 


Here is a copy of the email I sent them a month ago:

-------------


I am a student currently taking the NCCER's Project Management Course, at GCA's Trade Academy on Guam.  I am also an authorized NCCER instructor for Core Curricula. 

While taking the Safety Module 44102-08, I noticed a discrepancy with the information below. 


Craft: Project Management
Module Name: Safety
Copyright Date: 1997, 2008
Module Numvber 44102-08
Page Numbers:  2.11 and 2.28

The information on page 2.11, Section 4.1.1,  2nd paragraph states, "employers will be required to maintain employee medical and exposures records related to the regulated substances for the duration of employment plus 30 years.".  This is correct per OSHA regulations.

The following information on page 2.28, Figure 15 Record Retention List, on second row from top under Type of Report, states, "Employee Medical and exposure Records".  On the next column, Record Retention, second row from top, it states, "duration of employment.". This needs to be corrected to read as "duration of employment plus 30 years".



Regards,

----------


Here is the email I just received:

----------  

Dear Lorenzo XXXXXXX:

Thank you for taking the time to write the Product Development and Revision Department of the NCCER with your comments concerning the Project Management curriculum.

We appreciate the feedback you’ve provided.  Your inquiry was in reference to the information on page 2.28 in the Module number 44102-08.  After reviewing the sections for each question, your recommendations were correct. We will be making changes in our next reprint.

Thanks again for going the extra mile. We invite your continued input and recommendations.

With kind regards,   

XXXXXX XXXX  (Deleted the name for their privacy)

Project Assistant

Product Development

-------------------

That is so awesome that I was able to spot an error in that module and send NCCER a recommendation for correction.  I will send a copy of the email to our Education Director at GCA Trades Academy. 





1 comment: