Friday, December 30, 2011

Do Not Shoot Your Guns Into the Air this New Year's Eve!

I'm a gun owner.  I was taught basic marksmanship skills since my youth.  I take weapons safety very seriously.  I have only shot my weapons at targets, still and live. 

It does not fail, every New Year's Eve on this island, many irresponsible gun owners take their weapons out on New Year's Eve and shoot into the air to celebrate the New Year.  This is not SAFE!  This island has experienced it's residents getting hit by these expended rounds traveling at high velocity.  One year, a guy was shot while on a boat.  Another year, a young girl received injuries from a stray bullet.  In another year, a guy was shot as he was sitting in a garage.  He was hit by a stray bullet. 

Owning guns is an inalienable right, that is protected by our US Constitution 2nd Amendment, and that comes with heavy responsibilities.  When you abuse the right and those responsibilities...you forfeit that right to bear arms to protect yourselves.  Your weapons should be auctioned off to responsible gun owners. 


DO NOT SHOOT YOUR WEAPONS  INTO THE AIR ON NEW YEAR'S EVE!

 


I want to thank all the responsible weapons owners who take their Right, seriously and do not abuse that right and it's responsibilities.  My challenge to you now...is to report any irresponsible weapons owner who shoots their weapons into the air.  Even if it's a relative or close friend...report them.  Their irresponsible actions will give a black eye to our 2nd Amendment Right to Bear Arms. 



No comments:

Post a Comment