Monday, December 12, 2011

Ranch: Afternoon adjustments.

I was in the ranch today after watching the Cowboys-Giants game.  I walked around, overlooked the layout of the ranch, and did some work.  I forgot to get a video recording of Larraine's chickens.  She asked me a couple of days ago, if I would be able to.  Since I am free tomorrow...I'll get do that in the morning during my morning checks. 

This afternoon, I noticed that I have a lot of lemon seedlings on the ground.  I'm going to transplant those along, but inside, the borders.  That would be a great physical barrier to deter  poachers coming into ranch, also, a lot of lemonade too.  The mango tree is flowering again...after it pushed out new leaves. 

The banana crop is doing really great.  So many bunches for this season.  The bunch I harvested the other day is now ripe.  They're amazingly sweet for Saba.  My mom made Turon this morning for breakfast.  It was good.  I'm looking forward to making Gollai Appan Aga tomorrow for the Life Cell's Party.  I prefer eating cooking banana to rice in season.

I moved the ranch dogs back into the ranch this afternoon.  Duchess and Stormie are now back there on rotation.  Stormie got to close to Pepsi and the two of them went at it.  That little rumble reminded me that the pack has not determined who is the new Alpha Female, since Lucky passed away months ago.  I'm going to have them go at it to find out.  Or else, I'll have control problems later on. 

Stormie is on perimeter post at the South-side of the ranch, Lucky's old post.    Duchess went to the East-side, her old post to guard.  Once I put the fence up, I'll have Duchess back out on rover duty.  I prefer her in that role.  She's good at it.  The three pups from Duchess: Nugget, Onyx, and Oreo will be placed around the house.  Nugget went to the front of the house to Stormie's post.  Oreo is at the back porch.  She will not be there for long.  I'm going to relocate her to the back side of the storage container next to the mango tree.  Onyx is currently at the barn shack.  She'll be relocated to the ranch side.  I might partner her up with Scout aka Brownie to learn more. 

I'm still working to schedule felling three huge trees in the ranch.  I'll have to clean around them first before I do anything with them.  Another chore would be to gather all the corrugated tin, stack them, then later on...use them for fencing around the garden. 

One day, at a time.

ESTA...

3 comments: