Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Upcoming and Rainy Day Projects.

My toe that was injured the other day is swollen, as is my right knee.  Took needed meds to battle the swelling.  I have been resting today and may do the same tomorrow.  Since it was raining most of the day, I've been browsing the web most of the day, today. 

I've been working on the new training material for the church's TV ministry.  I've done the objectives and broken it down to three training modules.  The hardest part is writing the manual.  I'm following the manual that I used from the first training.  I was planning on using the same manual.  But decided to make it better.  The words and some pictures are not very clear.  I want to make it better for the new trainees to use.  I'm even putting it on power point.  Not sure, if I'll be able to use that as part of the training.  Just working on a slide takes up lots of time.  Because of that, I put the power point presentation as a "Option".   I'll work on it when I finish with the manual. 

The other desk project is the paperwork for the Organic Transition.  It's the hardest part of farming/ranching.  Not many farmers/ranchers have complete paperwork.  That's the reason why it's so hard.   And, it's a citation offense with the National Organic Standards.  I am also working on that.   Actually, It's not hard at all.  It's committing to taking the time to record anything that I've done in the ranch from receipts, labels, journals, and plans.  That also includes any changes that happen during the season. 

The other rainy day desk project is reorganizing the library in the house.  It's nothing more than bookshelves with lots of books in each one.  I need more bookshelves for a lot of books that are still in boxes.  I am also getting rid of dated periodicals.  I also have more agriculture and safety books that I'm compiling from all the workshops and classes that I've been attending.  One high value item tool that I'll request from the VA Vocational Rehabilitation is a table saw.  That would really help with the bookshelves that I need to build. 



Will post pictures this week of the new equipment. 

1 comment: