Saturday, February 12, 2011

Safety Classes at the GCA Trades Academy.

Finished 4 more modules in the Field Safety Book today.  Passed all four tests today.  I have 8 more to go, in the next two Saturdays.  It's all good. 

I completed my Forklift Safety yesterday.  The presentation was okay.  Been through it before.  This time I was observing the instructor on his teaching style.  Taking mental notes on how to tweak up my presentations, when I have the opportunity to instruct. 

Anyway, the practical exam was fun.  We operated the small yellow forklift in the warehouse.  I call it, "Old Reliable".  That forklift is really old.  It has a clutch, unlike the new ones today which are automatic.  I was able to pickup the pallet and move it to the designated location.  Then bring it back to it's original storage.  I've operated forklifts before.  But, this one is the oldest of any forklifts that I've operated in the past.  Finally, certified competent person.on Forklifts.  I'm already a competent person on Aerial Lifts (Boom Lifts). 

I'm going to get on the teaching rotation at the Trades Academy.  I'll have to turn in my business license next week, in order to do that.  I'll be teaching the Core Curriculum.  That'll be a good start for me.  In order to teach Craft Skilled Classes, I'll have to turn in a copy of my Communications Certificate from the U.S. Army to teach Electronics and basic Electricity. 

I'll be on working the ranch all week next week.  No safety classes, except for Saturdays, until March 7th.  When I go back to take the OSHA 510 Construction Standards. 



ESTA...

1 comment: