Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Frenz's First Experience Viewing Me via Webcam.




A couple of weeks ago when I got the webcam finally working.  It was Rhoda and the kids first time viewing me, since last year.  When the computer I was using back then crashed.  So it was a very long before my family got to see me via webcam. 

It was a fantastic feeling for the family to see me after so many months.  The only problem was the webcam kept freezing up on them.  It was great to hear Rhoda and Larraine's expressions when they saw me.  Both didn't like my shaved head.  Larraine said, I look like a prisoner.  But they were still excited to see me via cam. 

Frenz was busy playing outside in the living room.  When Rhoda and I started chatting.  When he came in, he had jumped on the bed.  I remember his mommy and sister telling him that I'm on the laptop monitor.  I had just made a face on the cam just as he turned and walked toward Rhoda.  Next thing, I know..he turned and screamed and ran towards his auntie.  Larraine was calling him to go see me.  But he wanted to hide.  I was confused as to why he was acting that way.  When Larraine forced him to sit next to his mommy so I can see him via cam.  He took a bowl and put it on his head so it covered his eyes.  I was busy laughing not knowing why he was doing that. 










I finally asked Rhoda why our boy was acting that way.  She told me that he was scared of me.  I asked why.  Then she took her webcam and showed me the screen to her monitor.  My webcam had frozen at the exact time I was making funny faces to Rhoda and our kids.  I had rolled my eyes up into my sockets showing the whites of my eyes.  My mouth was open with my tongue hanging out.  No wonder, my boy was scared of me. 

Now it all made sense.  I couldn't help but laugh at Frenz's reaction.  I reloaded my webcam again to show a new view.  Soon after, Frenz settled down but he kept his distance or he stayed behind his mommy.  I kept calling for him, but he refused to come and sit next to his mommy. 

I decided to call my girl Larraine and chat with her instead.  But I wanted to see Frenz's reaction when I did.  When Larraine came forward to the laptop to chat with me.  Frenz immediately got up from where he was observing and wanted to take part in the chat.  I was laughing on my side of the world.  I knew Frenz always competed for attention with Larraine.  Whatever Larraine did, Frenz would do too.  I used that to my advantage. 









Since then, Frenz would try to chat with me when he sees his mommy or Larraine chatting with me.  That's if he's not interested in doing something else at the time.  He knows who I am.  Rhoda and Larraine will show Frenz my picture every night before he goes to sleep.  He also knows that I'm on chat.  Rhoda tells me, that Frenz will point to the laptop and exclaim, "Dody?", for daddy. 

Frenz is currently visiting his grandparents in Butuan City.  His Grandpa gave him a small hammer because Frenz enjoys helping his grandfather with carpentry.  He always makes the family laugh.  I'm glad about that.  But he'll be home tomorrow.  Rhoda and I miss him very much. 

ESTA...

1 comment: