Thursday, February 3, 2011

Rhoda's Fish.

My appointment with the VA Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor was fruitful yesterday.  My entitlement for VocRehab was approved.  I'm back in the program after an 8 year hiatus.  The VA will help me with my ranch in regards to equipment and supplies.  That was approved, so I'll be heading down to my favorite hardware store-HomeDepot, to drop of the map to the liaison.  They'll deliver my order today or tomorrow. 

I'll also continue with my Safety Courses at the GCA Trades Academy.  The VA will pay for classes that may not be covered under the Guam Transportation Training Program.  While undergoing continuing training and OJT with Trades Academy, I'll be getting a nice stipend.  It's a lot more than I was making as an Electrician Helper working in construction.  After OJT, I'll be heading to the University of Guam this fall semester to finish off my degree.  So I can use that to obtain my Certified Safety Professional rating.  The VA will cover the tuition and school related expenses as well. 

I'll be getting a new computer system next month, not to mention, more equipment and supplies for the ranch. 

And, I learned yesterday that the GCA Trades Academy would like me to take the Assessment Program to get my journey man license as an Electrician.  The assessment program is in two parts the performance test and written test.  An experienced un-credentialed skilled worker will be able to participate in the Assessment Program and not have to go and take unnecessary courses just to get their technical rating upgraded.  So I'm on the list with the Academy and it's a new grant too.  So I'm not paying for anything. 

Wow, Qualified Journeyman Electrician and Safety Technician.  Not bad, huh. 

Going back to the VocRehab, I was asked if I can open up my ranch for other Veterans to see how I operate.  My ranch will become a model site for other Veterans to follow.  And since I took the Organic Inspectors Certification Class last year at the university.  I will be applying for Organic Certification, one of the first ranches on Guahan to do so.  I have a planned long term goal, that I will not repeat here.  It's something this island needs.  It's going to be a big part of my future ranch operations. 

My wife, Rhoda, had a dream the other night.  That she shared with me during our chat last night.  I will share it with you all here. 

Rhoda (2/2/2011 10:12:54 PM): maybe GOd showed me that dream so I can understand you

 i was fishing
 i had 3 fishing line
all of them get's a fish even without a bait

 i had a hard time keeping the fish
 because the 3 baits are eaten

 BUT, since the line is not durable
because that fishing activity was unplanned
 so i was unprepared to get the BIG FISH

God's message to me
 In order to get the BIG blessings
we have to PREPARE
PREPAring the RANCH
is a way to BIG blessing

that's why I said I understand if you couldn't come
 go ahead and prepare the ranch
 so we can tithe bigger



The Blessings from the ranch operations, VA Stipend and Voc Rehab, my VA disability % upgrade (in a couple of months), and course instructor at the Trades Academy are coming to past.  I'm really excited for the new year!  I am so thankful to God for what is coming down the pipe. 




1 comment: