Sunday, February 27, 2011

Field Safety

It took 6 weeks to do, but I'm done with it.  It was all mostly refresher.  But I was paying more attention to the experiences of the instructor.  Those are a lot more valuable than reading from a text.  Made a lot of new friends and acquaintances for the network.  I know I'll be seeing them around. 

Last Friday, was the Lock Out/Tag Out Workshop.  That was in depth for that topic.  I didn't think it would be that long.  But it last all day.  Great Discussions.  I was surprised to hear that there are lots of safety issues at the Guam Airport.  That came from the safety representatives from the airport itself.  That's sad.  We're taught in the safety industry.  When the management doesn't care about safety.  There is none.  The Safety Officers are there in name only and have no enforcement powers.  So what happens when an accident happens at the airport.  I thought the private sector had issues.  It looks like there are more safety violation issues in the government. 

I was referred to two safety officer jobs.  I'm applying for both.  One is full-time position for 3 months long, and the other is a career with a federal agency.  I'll go where I'm led to an open door of opportunity.  Both are really great opportunities. 

Since Saturday, I've been battling this fever.  It's from the sudden changes in temperature going from cold to warm.  No, the temperature here on the island is not cold.  It's being in the AC during class for a long duration and then going outside in the warm air.  It messes with my sinus and gave me the chills.  Hopefully, it's sunny tomorrow and I'll just bask in the sun to help battle this fever. 



No comments:

Post a Comment