Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Update: Trying to Catch Up with my Posts.

It's been awhile since I posted any blogs without the Libertarian Conservative rhetoric.  I'm going ease off on that.  Why stress on things you can't control, yeah? 

Anyway, I have done a lot of things this month.  It is my Birth Month Celebration and it's slowly coming to an end, in a couple of days.  One of my friends sent me a private message asking why I celebrated a whole month for my birthday.  My reply to her was, "Why not?".  Why should we be limited to just one day.  I'm pretty sure like most everyone, we have friends and family that may not make the primary celebration.  So why not just celebrate the whole month with close friends and family. 

I spent the day with Primo Ted, James, and the boyz and ladies down at the Gaue Ranch, a couple of weekends ago.  It was nice and cool down by the ocean.  It's been so long since I've been down there.  I was surprised at a lot of changes down in the valley.  BBQ's down at the ranch are still and always are awesome.  Missed the food, big time.  Lots of talk was about politics, Chief Suba, and family. 

Later, I went to the company picnic on another weekend.  That was interesting.  But the boss talked to me and told me himself that I was going to safety officer school and I will become a team leader.  Supposed to happen in June. 

The only set back this month was not working for two weeks.  I was placed on Standby because there were no jobs.    Those were two really hard weeks.  But if it wasn't for my wife and Pastor Liz reminding me to have patience and Trust in God.  I would have gone off to do other things.  I am so glad that I listened and trusted in God.  Let me tell you, I was elated to be told to report to work on Monday, at the company picnic. 

First day back brought back a lot of military memories.  I was tasked to work with one crew doing repair work at the Rappel/Parachute Shakeout Tower at Big Navy.  Those flight of stairs, literally kicked my butt!.  I was winded, and okay at the top of the tower.  It was when I had to go down one flight of stairs and into the motor fan room.  That my acrophobia hit me like a rock when I walked in and realized that I was standing on a grated floor. 

Nothing like seeing 50 feet of air and the concrete floor, right through the grated floor.  I tensed up so bad, I developed cramps.  I started thinking about my airborne and air assault training and the other crazy stuff I used to do.  That I finally was able to walk around the motor room without problems. 

Today, I met an old friend of mine.  Brenda is one of the committee moms to my scout troop.  Her sons, Shaun and Shane were part of the Matuas'.   The last time we saw each other was in 2008, right after I got home from my wedding and honeymoon.  Now, she is working for DZSP 21 as a backhoe operator.  It was a surprise to see her.  We were working the same job site but with different companies.  The last time that I saw her.  Brenda was working for Guam Telephone Authority.  I forgot to let her know that the Matuas' are starting back up again. 

I won't be working tomorrow.  Have to get the car inspected and registered.  Prior to that, I have to do a forced fasting for lab work to be done at Naval Hospital of the VA. 

No comments:

Post a Comment