Thursday, May 20, 2010

Rise of the Matuas'.

I've been working for a couple of weeks now to get my Matua Scout Group, refitted, reorganized, and running again.  I have the kids.  I need adults. 

We'll be starting up the Venturing Crew, Scout Troop, and Cub Pack.  The District has reserved our numbers for us,  Good Ole "26" .  I've had the unit's registration paperwork for awhile.  I was not procrastinating to get it done.  I can only move as fast as the youth members want to move.  Now that the membership is now climbing, albeit slowly, but climbing.  I can now move forward with our program.

We'll revert back to the program that made us successful in the past.  The Matuas' are a High Adventure Unit.  We do things other Venturing and Scout Units don't do.  My youth leaders love that. 

It's time to get our Mas Maolek Flag back and other trophies the other scout units kindly held for us. 

The Matua's Annual High Adventure Trip will be White Water Rafting in the Philippines. 

3 comments: