Wednesday, May 25, 2011

GCA's 16th Annual Safety Conference.

Walking into the the Holiday Resort to help setup OSH Solutions table at 0700.  I ran into Primo Al at the parking lot.  He had just come from Matapang Beach trying to catch Manahak (juvenile rabbit fish), a delicacy to Chamorros and Guamanians alike. 

Upstairs I looked around for the OSH Solutions table.  I figured I should arrive early to help Ann Marie setup the table.  Instead, I met the ladies from GCA; Chantel, Desiree, and Francine.  They were setting up their registration table and sponsor banners. 

After I secured my bags at the table in the banquet hall.  I went out to meet and greet the other Safety Officers arriving.  I greeted Anthony Quidachay and Tony Andersen from OSHA On-Site Consultation Office.  Samoan Joe, Safety Training Officer from Black Construction; Tony Shioli and Patrick Rivera from NAVFAC.; Terry Badley from AMPRO Safety; Chris Pantino from CMS.  There were more people coming in who I didn't know.  But we all had one thing in common: we were there for Safety. 

At my table, I met Mila from Westin, Leah and Fred from Outrigger.  There was one more but I have already forgotten his name.  I'll find out tomorrow.  We talked a bit just before they opened the conference.  They attended the Intro to OSHA Course.  I was there to observe the speaker from Region IX.  After the morning's opening conference, it was time to head downstairs for lunch.   

I know most of the topics that I'm attending today and tomorrow.  I didn't realize I knew the topics until I saw the Conference Itinerary this morning.  Now, I'm just there to network and observe the other trainers for those courses.  The Safety Professional Development will be interesting.  I'm looking forward to that class on Friday. 

Being at the Safety Conference is like being around the "Who's Who in Guam's Safety Industry".   My time is well invested.  None of my training group was able to attend the safety conference.  Hopefully, I'll see them at the open house on Friday. 


ESTA...

No comments:

Post a Comment