Friday, March 4, 2011

Electrical Assessment

I almost forgot that I'm on the list to take the Electrical Assessment at the GCA Trades Academy.  It's one way of getting my credentials as a Journeyman instead of going back to the beginning and starting all over. 

The assessment program tests our performance and written knowledge.  We get a certificate for both areas, should we pass.  But if we complete and pass both the performance and written test.  The candidate get a certificate plus to acknowledge that he passed both areas of the assessment program. 

I'm looking forward to it.  The Electrical Field will always be my background, even though I am switching career fields to Safety Officer.  Being an electrician is my fall back, a plan B.  I just want to finish something that I've started since 1984 and have not the opportunity to complete for one reason or another.  It really sucks trying to apply for a job as an electrician and getting the pay of a labor/helper because I don't have the credentials to back me up.  Yet, I know more than some credentialed electricians that I've worked for. 

Another grant will be paying for this assessment.  Certainly a blessing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment