Saturday, January 16, 2010

Business as Usual on the Ranch.

Been busy this week, as usual.  We had lots of rain here since Monday. The weather has been a roller coaster ride of rain and sun the whole week.  Today was sunny with no rain.  That was great.  I don't mind the rain.  I like working in the rain.  The getting sick part is what I don't like. 

The goat kids are doing great.  All weigh over 30 lbs.  Not bad, huh.  And, that's all from forage, no grains.  My kid buckling, Hercules, has soft stool though, no scours.  I have to give that young buck some roughage tomorrow.  I'm also kicking them, the kids, out of the nursery pen.  They'll be out on pasture from now on starting tomorrow.  They do go out in the morning with their dams.  Then return in the evening.  But not anymore...they'll stay out on pasture.  Where it's healthier for them. 

I'm still cleaning up the North Side of my ranch, until I'm told otherwise.  I'd rather have it kept cleaned and maintained because it does provide a safety buffer to the clan on the compound.  This afternoon, I spotted a hermit crab wearing a bottle.  I wanted to catch it to take its picture.  But I was carrying a tree limb at the time and stacking it on the compost pile.  When I returned to the spot where I saw the hermit crab.  It was gone.  I hope to find it tomorrow. 


My daughter, Larraine, had an asthmatic attack a couple of days ago.  Rhoda took her to the hospital to get checked.  Her blood oxygen count was 91.  Rhoda tells me that's not good.  The doctor put Larraine on bed rest and excused her from going to school for three days.  But my young lady decided to go to school because she had to prepare for an exam on Monday.  No, they do not observe Martin Luther King Jr. Day in the Philippines.  She takes after her mom when it comes to academics.  She takes after me when it's time to play.  Anyway, Larraine is doing okay now. 


Keep Smiling

1 comment: