Saturday, February 25, 2012

Soccer, Rodeo, and Renovations.

It was a beautiful and busy day today,

Watched my niece Arissa's soccer game.  I was able to take some pictures and a short video recording using her new camera.  Not bad for a digital camera, It has a lot of bells and whistles on it.  As for the game, Ris did okay up until she got stepped on by another player from the opposing team.  She was down for a couple of minutes.  But got up and shook it off.  After that, Ris had spurts of energy try to get at the ball.  I could tell she was hurting.  Been there, years ago, when I played for my unit during the Post League at Ft. Bragg.  Anyway, the team needs a lot of work in team development.  I don't blame the players.  That's the coaches job to do.  Hopefully, the team will get better as the season moves forward. 

After the game, we made a quick stop at the Guam Contractor's Association's Construction Rodeo at the Guam Raceway Park.  They were still setting up their booths and competition areas.  As I walked around, I spotted a lot of safety violations.  I understand that this is a rodeo type event and should be fun, and it is not a construction job site.  But what are we telling the public when they come to watch these events.  It's okay.  We are safe on the job site.  However, events like these, we put safety to the side.  I don't agree.  Seeing Electrical cords on the ground presenting a trip hazard or  having one electrical cord tap into another electrical cord because the first one was short and they need a longer run.  Heavy Equipment operators were not wearing their seat belts and/or hearing protection devices.  People standing on chairs to put up or fix banners.   Hopefully, the day progressed and the corporate safeties took control of their men's safety and health welfare. 

After we got back home, I went across the street to Greg's house to help him with his renovation project.  I did some painting on the roof putting down elastomeric roof paint.  Helped Greg take out the washer, dryer, and stove from inside the house to the garage.  Later in the afternoon, Primo Ferdinand and I brought the dryer to my house.  I may keep it.  Most likely, I'll clean it up a bit and then sell it for about $50.  It's still running and the body is in good condition.  When the new light fixtures are in, I'll be installing them. 

I'll be getting some equipment and supplies from Greg for my ranch.  I will also be adopting his dog, Shorty.  Getting another Shorty.  Really nice ranch dog.  Gonna train him, when I finally get him.
 


Keep Smiling

1 comment: