Thursday, February 23, 2012

Have to stop being Stupid, and just Love my Wife.



There are times when I really am upset at myself.  Especially when it comes to how I treat my wife and kids.  For the life of me, I don't know how Rhoda puts up with all the baloney I dish out.  It's not until after I cool down after a heated discussion that I realize what a jerk I've been to my wife.  All I have to do is shut my mouth, keep my pride in check, and Listen.  But do I do that.  No.  I do stupid things, jump to conclusions, and stress out Rhoda. 

I have to keep my temper in check and remember this lady is the one, Jesus chose for me.  She accepted me, for me -- "As Is", and married this battle weary Warrior.  I have to constantly remind myself, that Rhoda is my wife, not one of my troopers.

 I do love Rhoda.  I have to do more for her.  I have to love her as Christ loved the church and keep 1 Corinthians 13:4.  To do anything else is not love. 

Rhoda has done more in keep our family together and raising our children, than I have.  I do appreciate her.  I can't do what she does.  My last trip home in September...5 minutes playing with my son and I was tired.  Frenfren wore me out.  I had to surrender, give him back to his mommy.  Yet, Rhoda can handle him the whole day.  She also tutors Larraine late in the evening.  Am I there to do that?  No.  Yet, whenever it gets stressful.  I take out my stress on her.  I have to learn to stop doing that.

One day, God willing, Rhoda is gonna kick my arse.  And, I'm gonna deserve it.  She punches hard because I showed her how to do some punching drills.  That's why I am hesitant to teach her KAJUKENBO (martial arts). 

Rhoda deserves better.  I have to control my temper.  I have to stop taking her for granted.  With Jesus's help, I'm gonna change for the better.  Rhoda and my kids deserves it.

I will be a Prophet, Priest, Provider, and Protector to my wife and children.  







2 comments: