Saturday, October 8, 2011

Our Dates...



Arriving home in CDO, after a long break...was great.  Rhoda and I have been through so much together during our long distance separation.  It was not easy.  Filipino Overseas Foreign Workers and Deployed US military service members had a better chance seeing their families, inside a year, than we did.  However with Jesus, as the Head of our Household, we endured.

We spent a lot of quality time together, the moment I walked through the front door.  Believe me, if there is a will, there will be a way.  So we did.  Lots of 'em.  When we went out of the house to run an errand, pay bills, look for a heat press machine, or other things.  We went on dates. 

Starbucks was amazing.  I'm still tripping over the price difference there in CDO and here on the island.  I still think we're being ripped off. Anyway, We both ordered a Mocha Caramel Frappe.  The Bente size...largest they had at 155 Pesos each.  In USD, that's approximately $3.70.  I still think I'm being ripped off here.  Okay so back to our date...Rhoda and I ordered a Fudge chocolate cake and cheese cake.  They were good.  We took some pics of our order for remembrance.  We had a great time.  That was actually Rhoda's first time to Starbucks. 

After that we just cruised the mall for awhile.  I did take some pictures of the safety violations I saw at the construction site next to the wall.  Yeah, I know...working while on vacation. 

Other dates were sidelines of actual trips to the store.  Larraine caught on to what Rhoda and I were doing.  One day, while I was in the shower getting ready.  Larraine called out to me and asked if she can go.  Of course, I said, yes.  We were only going to buy the major ingredients for the celebration that weekend.  So we went bought what we needed to get and stopped by Jollibee for a coke float.  Okay...so we did order some crispy spicy chicken while we were there.  Have to make the most of our outings. 

One Monday, after we saw the doctor.  Rhoda and I went to Chowking.  It's a nice fastfood Chinese Restaurant in CDO's Divisoria.  We ordered two of their Halo-halo.  Rhoda ate one, while I ate two.  After I had finished my first one, I went back to order a second one.   It was great to eat halo-halo again, especially with my wife. 

One special date was on the river bank behind the house in San Vicente at the family compound south of Butuan City.  All the kids were in school.  Frenz was with his younger siblings.  Larraine was with her Tita Rizza.  We went down to the picnic table that Marlon, Rhoda's brother-in-law, had built.  We just enjoyed each other's company.  What was also great.  We were singing Praise and Worship songs.  Rhoda was playing the guitar.  I was her backup singer.  It was great, just the two of us, for that couple of hours.

We'll definitely be doing more dates when I go home again for Christmas/New Year's Vacation. 




Picture above taken by Rizza. 

2 comments: