Saturday, October 1, 2011

Larraine's Reaction knowing I'm home.

Larraine, Frenz, and me in Butuan City, just before the Celebration.

As I laid in bed relaxing from the trip.  I heard outside the door a loud commotion from the kitchen.  Then the door flying open, and my neni girl coming through the door, 

"Daddy's Here!", yelled Larraine as she came through the bedroom door and jumped on the bed hugging me.  She embraced me hard.  She was so happy.  She wanted to cry but couldn't.  We just laid there holding each other.  It's been a long 2 years and 8 months. 

Rhoda came in and told me what happened outside when Larraine came home from school.  All my luggages had been kept in the other room.  So she wouldn't see it.  As she walked into the house, she asked her Papang and uncle if I was home.  Both told her, they don't know.  Then she went straight to the refrigerator to get a glass of water.  As she opened the refrigerator, she saw that it's full of party bags of chocolates.  She knew right then, that I was home.  She ran straight for my bedroom, and shouted as she saw me laying on the bed after she opened the door.  Everyone was laughing. 

My neni girl and I hugged each other for an hour.  This was her time with me.  Her mommy was asking her how she felt.  Larraine told her mommy that she is tingly all over.  She wants to cry but she can't.  She is so happy that I'm home.  Her prayer was answered, Daddy came home for her birthday. 

Larraine had a hard time getting my attention.  He baby brother was competing with her for it.  But she was able to sneak out of the house with her mommy and me when we went for our dates to spend time with me. 

2 comments: