Monday, October 24, 2011

Coming off a relaxing weekend.

Hafa Adai Y'all,  It's been awhile since I posted my last blog.  I have been busy.  Pretty glad for the much needed break this past weekend.  A lot going on with the safety trainings.  I'm gonna solo my first 40-hour safety course next week.  I want to see if I can do it.  I know I can.  I've been doing the OSHA 30-hours for awhile now.  I'm also revamping many of my safety slide presentations for all the different safety trainings that I am teaching.  It should be good.  I do have a 16-hour Hazard Recognition Course on Thursday and Friday this week.  I have to schedule a OSHA 30-hour Construction Hazard Recognition Course.  Getting a lot of requests for it.  I keep telling my friends to call OSH Solutions to schedule.  Might as well, do it for them. 

I have a serious family issue that I am dealing with in the Philippines.  It deals with my Neni Girl, Larraine.  It's really sensitive, at the moment.  Larraine and Rhoda have not given me permission to disclose what has happened.  Larraine is okay, now.  I'm just glad and thankful to God, that nothing more serious happened.  We're at a crossroads at the moment on how to move forward.  I'm praying that we do the right thing to keep my neni girl, and family safe. 

I'm back in the classroom, not as an instructor, but as a student again.  I am studying, Program Management.  I want to learn the intricacies of how things gets planned, procured, and delivered in the Construction Industry.  I believe the concept is the same as planning and scheduling for the military.  I had an experience with a previous construction company where the job was awarded to us.  Yet, months later on day 1 of the job, there were no supplies and equipment to do the work.  The workers were blamed for that.  I didn't think it was our fault.  I truly believe the owner and program managers didn't do a good job in planning that  job. 

So I am using my scholarship funds from First Hawaiian Bank to take the Program Management Course.  It's interesting to know the differences between each type of delivery systems: Traditional Contract Delivery, Build/Design, Construction Management, Construction Management at Risk, and Engineering-Procurement-Control. Also the different Construction Phases and what is supposed to happen in each phase.  Interesting...

This course is from the National Center for Construction Education and Research.  Similar to my Safety Courses, upon completion...I will be certified in Program Management.  I can take this certification and go anywhere in the USA for work.  I'm not chained to any geographic location.  My credentials are recognized nationwide with companies that hire NCCER grads. 

ESTA...

No comments:

Post a Comment