Monday, November 21, 2011

Obama Stopover...No Stress.

President Obama's recent stopover on Guam was a joke.  Many people were wondering if he will make an appearance.  I knew he wouldn't. 

Prior to President Bill Clinton's visit to Guam in the late 90's.  There was a huge contingent of security on island a week prior to the scheduled visit.  There was a lot of work done prior to the visit.  Collaborations with local agencies to make Clinton's visit a success.  My Matua scouts and I were able to shake President Clinton's hand, after his speech.  That was an awesome experience. 

Obama who prides himself as an islander...is not.  How in the world do you call Hawaii, Asia?  That statement probably ruffled a lot of feathers with the Hawaiian brothers.   His visit is liken to a visitor who comes to my house and talks to me from inside his vehicle refusing to get down.  Are you to good for me?  You don't want to eat my food? 

To my Chelu's...let's not stress over this president's stop over.  When the day comes, when our island residents votes for Independence.  They'll mind us more and pay Billions in rent for those bases.   


No comments:

Post a Comment