Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Vacation Update: Going around the city.

Vacation is doing great.  Everything is okay here in Cagayan De Oro.  I've been busy with my son, Frenz (Frenfren) all most everyday.  In the morning I walk Larraine to school.  It's not that far, maybe 1/2 mile from the house.  Then it's watching the boy the rest of the day. 

I'm learning his language.  I thought he was saying big gallon, for water.  He was actually saying, big lang...short for tubig nalang, which means, Just Water.  Frenz discovered the joy of Hershey's chocolates.  Which he didn't know before I brought a couple of party bags as pasalubong for the family here.  He ignored the bags when I first unpacked them last Tuesday.  The first time he tasted it.  He was saying, lami.  Which means delicious.  Now he constantly demands Chockoi...Chocolates.  

Larraine has grown up to a beautiful young lady.  She's smart, helpful with her brother.  I'm trying to spend as much time with her before I leave next week.  It's not easy with Frenfren vying for my attention.  But  she is wonderfully patient waiting her time for me. 

We did so much today going around the city.  Seeing my optalmologist today.  One of the best here in the Philippines.  He told me I didn't need surgery on my lazy eye.  I just have to go see a neurologist.  Doctors on Guam wanted me to have the surgery.  Good thing I came to the Philippines. 

Was able to go to Jollibee, Chow King, and Greenwich restaurants today and yesterday.  Three of my favorite restaurants here in CDO.  And now the new Starbucks at Lem Ket Kai Mall because of their cheap prices. 

Will try to post more about my trip...

ESTA...

1 comment: