Saturday, September 3, 2011

Knocking out the 40-hour.

I've been excited this whole week.  This is my first time participating in the USACE EM 385-1-1 NAVFAC 40-hour Safety Course as 1 of 5 instructors.  It was awesome.  Team teaching with my safety instructor was great.  What was even surreal was when he asked me to take over his topics because he has another class, CPR/First Aid/AED, to teach today. 

I really enjoy being an Independent Safety Instructor for OSH Solutions-Guam.  Working with the other OSH Safety Instructors is always a learning experience and fun too.  I get a long with everyone. 

I'm really proud of 3 GTTP Safety Students; Melanie, Chris, and Cliff in the class.  They jumped at the opportunity to take the 40-hour this session.  I was in their shoes only a few months ago.  We were even classmates together in some NCCER Safety courses and OSHA courses.  Now, I'm one of their instructors.  They listened to the advice I gave them.  The same advice Samoan Joe gave me months ago when I decided to make Safety my career. 

Although, I won't be able to finish the class with the current students taking the 40-hour this session.  I will be seeing them all again in other trainings. 

1 comment: