Tuesday, January 4, 2011

VA Benefits Paying for My Ranch Equipment.

I was told yesterday from a VA Benefits Counselor that they will pay for my ranch equipment.  This will help get me sustainable and doing what I have a passion for.  We talked about my ranch operation plans and continuing education to finish my degree in Agriculture. 

After my session, I went down to my favorite hardware store and met up with the lady who is helping veterans.  She showed me what to do, and I can put anything in the store on my list.  She will then compile my list and send the quote to the VA Benefits office, who will then pay for what I need. 

There are  limitations.  There is a cap on the amount I can use.  I can only get items that are related to what I am going to do.  I can't get a brand new gas-operated bbq pit for the ranch, even though I do want one.  It has to be related, like a tiller or bushcutter.  The grant is not limited to equipment.  I can also get supplies for the ranch.  Yesterday, I went around the store looking at what I need.  But sometimes, I did look at what I wanted. 

I have to actually sit down and plan this all out.  Not starting with what equipment I need for the ranch.  But what kind of ranch operation am I going to be doing.  My primary foundation was the goat herd.  I will have change that out and rethink this whole thing out.  I will have to see what will get me the fastest return on this grant.  Then from there, I can expand out again.

For now, I am leaning on getting a new bushcutter, tiller, chipper, and some power tools.  I would still have to prioritize those and balance it with the supplies I would need. 



ESTA...

1 comment: