Sunday, January 16, 2011

Chatting with Larraine.

My daughter Larraine was able to catch up with me on chat last night.  It has been a long while since we had a daughter/daddy chat.  This time she wasn't in the mood to play her game of switching languages on me.  That was good for me!  So we chatted about her school and things around the house with her grandpa there.  Rhoda is still in Butuan trying to take care of matters there dealing with the accident last week. 

Larraine wanted to play a game of pool on messenger.  It's one of our favorite games that we play together.  She loves to switch players so she can continue to strike the balls.  It doesn't matter if she started out with stripes first or solids.  She's going to keep playing.  I have to be fast enough to to hit my next shot before she tries to switch in and take my place. 

There was one time last year, when I beat her to switching players and finished the game.  She was very upset.  "You don't give me chance to play!", she wrote, "Daddy is supposed to give daughter's a chance to play".  BOY, Did I feel bad after that.  After I apologized.  We played another set of pool again.  And this time, I gave her all the chances she wanted to play.  Of course, she let me hit some balls into the pockets.  It was worth more to see her happy via webcam.  Than seeing her getting upset. I learned a lesson that day.  Yes, daddy's are supposed to give their neni girls a chance! 

However, last night, we could not play.  My computer is to slow and old to play games on the internet, much less watch videos on Youtube.  I had to slowly explain to Larraine that I could not play due to my old slow computer.  After a few minutes, she finally understood what I was trying to tell her.  So we just continued chatting. 

One of our discussions was her allowance for her baon (food snacks) at school.  Currently her allowance for baon is 5 Pesos daily.  In U.S. currency, that is not even 10 cents.  So she was requesting last night if we, her mom and I, may raise it to 10 Pesos per day.  Then she pleaded with me not to tell her mommy.  That's when I started laughing.  I asked her questions regarding her school grades, chores at home, helping with her brother, helping her mommy, and going to church.  I already knew the answer talking with Rhoda earlier.  Larraine has been doing really well in school, helping around the house and with Frenz, and she loves going to children church.  I did the calculation in my head to insure we're within our family budget. It would be a little over $1/week for Larraine's increased allowance for school, about $4 to $5 a month.  I'm pretty sure we can do it.  I still have to discuss this with Rhoda.  She knows the actual budget back there.  I don't.  I'll have to find out Larraine's transportation costs to and from school 4 times a day.  That would be a major factor. 

Later we discussed getting me a new computer and her mommy a new laptop.  I do need a new laptop for this new career field that I'm going into.  Larraine immediately pleaded for me to get her a laptop and cellphone as well.  I laughed again.  I asked her what happened to her cellphone that her nina Sharon had bought her last year.  She told me that it was not okay.  lol...  She even knows the model of cellphone that she wants.  I was shaking my head reading her requests.  Again she did not want me to tell her mommy.  I told Larraine that I'll consider getting her cellphone on condition of her school grades, chores, and help around the house.  I made no promises.  But y'all know how that goes. 

Unfortunately for Larraine, her mommy will know of our conversation.   I also know Rhoda. She'll laugh after I tell her about it or even reading this blog post.  Which ever comes first.  And, we'll both say, "Kaduka, that girl!".


ESTA...

No comments:

Post a Comment