Friday, June 1, 2012

Awkward way to run a company.

Months ago, I entered into a private contract with a company here on Guahan.  Actually, it was with the owner of the company and not the company itself.  I figured it was the same thing.  Later on, I learned it was not the same but separate from the company.  I did not understand the big deal of having a private contract between the me and the owner.  When I am actually contracted to provide safety consultations for his company.  That contract didn't last long.  There were provisions in there that only allowed me to conduct certain safety trainings and not others.  When I first wrote that contract up, it was before I became a authorized trainer to teach the USACE EM 385-1-1, 16 and 40 hour courses. 

I was asked to present a new contract proposal to him.  Which I did.  This time, I made sure that the contract gave me the advantage and not the other way around.  When I submitted the contract via my lawyer friend to his lawyer.  We were told several times that it was to many demands and expensive.  That I needed to lower it down some more.  I refused and held fast.  All the fees were below island average.  The owner refused the contract.  Which I was glad. 

Now, weeks later...He has his secretary asking me to submit a proposal for a project.  I am desperately needed as a Safety Officer, according to them. 

I am doing a lot right now, especially with safety trainings.  So I am good to go. 

What is awkward is the secrecy behind this whole thing.  Not one manager in that company knows of the first contract and the new proposal.  It was between me and the owner.  Why hire the managers if you don't trust them?  It just don't make sense.  It's gonna cause miscommunication later down the road. 




ESTA...

3 comments: