Friday, June 22, 2012

Malfunction deters safety course.

I was browsing my blog entries this evening.  I didn't realize it has been awhile since I posted a blog.  My time has been really busy the last couple of weeks with safety trainings. 

I had a class today to teach Forklift Safety.  Everything went well during the classroom portion off the safety course.  All five students took the written exam.  They all passed.  When we went into the Construction Lab of the Trades Facility to do the performance test.  I got the forklift out of the warehouse with a nice sized load for the students to use.  Brought the around forklift to the other side of the building.  Got it set up.  The first student to do the performance test was the only one who passed.  Unfortunately, the forklift had a major malfunction.  It ran out of fuel.  So I was only able to observe one student to do enough to complete the performance test. 

I didn't have much choice but to reschedule the other students for a later date. 





1 comment: