Saturday, March 24, 2012

Rosa > Rose > Rhoda

Last night I wanted to surprise my Neni Girl (Larraine), that her mommy was coming home on Monday and not last night.  So to throw her off.  I told her that my friend Rosa will come by later that night to drop something off for her mommy.

My neni girl, being the great beautiful daughter that she is to me and her mommy, took me seriously.  She told her uncle, that my friend Rosa was coming over to drop something off for her mommy.  It did not occur to Larraine that I was talking about her mommy. 

So just a few minutes ago, Larraine asked me when Rosa is coming to the house.  I told her that she met her last night. 

"Are you joking or not", replied Larraine. 

So I had to explain to her that Rosa means Rose.  Rose in Greek is Rhoda. 

Larraine told me that her uncle was up late waiting for Rosa last night.  

"Oh...I'm sorry", was my reply. 

I have to remember that my neni girl takes me seriously.  LOL. 

Misadventure. 




Keep Smiling 

1 comment: