Friday, August 5, 2011

Close Call at Church, This Evening.

All was well tonight during my guard duty shift.  I greeted everyone that came into the compound.  I did my walk on the parking lot checking every car that was parked.  Guiding cars into empty parking stalls to try to fill up all the slots closest to the door. 

Nothing happened during my shift while the youths were at Cross Fire Ministry and the adults were upstairs at Prayer Intercessory.  All was quiet on the Northern Front.  Even as the youths came out to play basketball and mingle around the parking lot.  It was pretty quiet from a safety stand point. 

That change a few minutes after the adults came down stairs.  As the adults held fellowship in the parking lot and the youth talked among themselves.  A boy in a blue shirt comes running out of the door.  My first thought was that he was being chased by another child.  The boy in blue darted in between the adults and was making his way towards me.  I was going to redirect him back to the other kids.  But he ran right by me and straight for the main highway.  I ran right after him and grabbed him just before we reached the road in front of us  He kept saying, Kiki.  I had no idea who or what he was saying.  I picked him up and brought him back to Pastor's truck and put him on the tailgate while I caught my breath. 

I am so glad that I was there closest to the gate right on the corner of the first vehicle, and that there was no traffic on the highway.  That kid can run, but as big as I am, I'm so glad by God's Grace that I was faster. 

Everything happens for a reason.  

No comments:

Post a Comment