Thursday, December 24, 2009

Yigo Hunters' Night Before Christmas.

My 410 is locked and loaded,
I can hardly even wait.
There'll be nine Binadu fly'n over,
pulling a cart within it's wake.

The Yigo Boyz are armed and ready,
For so many years they have tried.
That pesky manamko, si Tun Nick,
ready to do his fly by.

All we want is Kanen Binadu,
For the Christmas party the next day.
Kelaguen, Fritada, yan barbecue,
Diet Coke to wash it away.

I hear the cart's bells come a jingling,
It's coming from the skies.
the boyz are busy drinkin',
while keeping watch with bloodshot eyes.

As the deer pulled cart slowly approaches
from high above the trees.
boyz with itchy fingers,
let rounds go as they please.

Not one round strikes any of the deer
as they make their approach slow and wide.
This team is well prepared for us
they're wearing Kevlar over their hides.

Aiii, si Tun Nick wins again,
this night of Christmas Eve.
The Yigo boyz are quite upset,
no binadu to cook and eat.

I remember the very eve that Tun Nick lost,
those many years gone by.
My well placed shot had hit it's mark,
A dinga seis fell from the sky.

My 12-point trophy mounted high on my wall,
for all to see my boast.
That was one very special deer,
it had a shiny red nose.


Copyright 2009, by Lorenzo Taitano.



1 comment: