Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Realization Hit Me.

Although, Rhoda and I talked about it.  And, we agreed it was okay to miss the Christmas Holidays without each other this season.  We accepted the sacrifices so she can finish her last semester of Nursing School which ends this coming March. 

I thought I was going to be okay about it.  During the praise and worship of our Christmas Service this evening, that realization hit me pretty hard.  I don't think I'll be in the mood to celebrate Christmas or New Year's Eve, this year, not without my family. 

This time last year, I was with Rhoda and Larraine in Butuan City having fun, celebrating with her family.  Larraine was leading her cousins around the Purok singing Christmas Carols.  She was only 6 years old at the time. 

I going to work it like any other day.  I'll just continue on my ranch projects here or at the Guae Ranch.  I have not been to the Bottom Lands for awhile now.  I'm pretty sure the boyz will be down there. 

I know this for certain.  This will be the last Christmas and New Year's Eve without my wife and daughter.  I will be there for the Holidays next year, if they are not here on island already.

My next trip to the Philippines will be real long. 

4 comments: