Sunday, March 31, 2013

Operating a Ram Truck, Again.

Named my truck, "MUD HOPPER" -- 2013 RAM 1500 Tradesmen 4x4. 


It is so good to be back operating my own pickup truck.  It has been 7 long years trying to operate a ranch without a truck.  That was not easy.  Trading in my Mazda 3 was a great decision.  I wasn't planning to do it.  Since I may need a second vehicle.  But using that car to travel to construction job sites for my clientele, or for the company I work for, took a large toll on the car's maintenance.  So trading it in was a good investment.  It did serve it's purpose well.

Sold?!  I was treated better at Cars Plus and approved. 
I was trying to purchase a 2006 Ram 1500 Mega Cab 4x4 from Auto Spot two weeks ago.  After turning in the needed paperwork, I was just waiting on approval.  I followed up with the sales person, almost daily.  Then last Tuesday, I learned that they sold the vehicle from under me.  I was more than upset.  I was so upset that as I drove past Cars Plus at their Maite Headquarters.  I turned around and pulled in.  I wasn't looking to buy a vehicle.  I just needed to cool off and walking the lot would do that.  Tom, the sales person, came out to greet me.  He forgot that we knew each other.  Tom is a good friend of Primo Ted, and occasionally hangs out with the boys at the Nelson Ranch in Guae.  I kept quiet about it.  My main reason was that I wanted to get the truck on my own without pulling strings.

Awesome Truck! 
Anyway, Tom talked to me about the safety aspects of the truck.  Which I enjoyed listening too.  Since I am a Site Safety and Health Officer.  My primary reason in getting the truck is to keep my family safe on the road.  I wanted my wife and children safe.  I needed a 4x4 to get in and out of construction sites, while at work or doing safety inspections for  my clientele, and to haul livestock, materials, and equipment for my ranch. 

It felt good taking the truck for a test drive through Tiyan, the old Naval Air Station.  The truck was very responsive, has good agility, and speed for a truck that size.  Back at the lot, we did some necessary financial paperwork. After leaving the lot, I did do a great amount of praying, as did my wife and children.  I expected a couple of days of waiting to get any word back to me regarding anything.  The next morning, I emailed in my necessary paperwork. 

To my surprise, I was approved that afternoon.  I received a call from Tom after lunch to come down and pick up my new truck.  What impressed me more, was after all the papers were signed.  Tom took his time to show me where everything was in the truck.  From the latch at the hood, the lights in the RamBox, the spare tire, the controls in the cab--from left to right, how to program my monitor menu, adjustments of the mirrors, and so much more.

Now, I've bought trucks and other vehicles before.  I have never been treated that way.  That was Awesome!  Almost all of the previous dealerships that I've done business with, just gave me the keys and told me to have fun with my new vehicle.  At Cars Plus, Tom took his time and showed me where everything is at, and how to operate each one.  He didn't do that just with the truck, but with the whole facility.  I got to see where the parts department was at, the customer's lounge area, the service area.  That's Awesome Customer Service.  I didn't have to open the operator's manual when I got home.  I eventually will in the next couple of days.

So if you're looking for a new or certified pre-owned vehicle.  I highly recommend seeing Tom Tanner at Cars Plus.  He didn't give me preferential treatment because I was one of the boys that hangs out at the Nelson Ranch in Guae.  He took the time to really show me how my truck works and how the staff at the facility will be able to help me in the future.

I own this Awesome Ram Truck on island! 
It is really amazing to be driving a 2013 Ram 1500 Tradesmen 4x4.  I named her, MUD HOPPER, after my Humvee in Desert Storm.  With that white glossy skin, I definitely will have to hop over mud puddles to keep her clean.  It has a Crew Cab which will be great for my kids to ride comfortably in and grow into, when they get here.  It is operator friendly so even my wife will be able to operate it too.  It has awesome safety features to protect me and my family.  Great bed size for hauling anything around.  It has a heavy duty hitch receiver, so that I may pull a trailer for additional hauling. Nice size Ram Boxes to put my tools and safety gear in.  Bed Extender for those extra long items that is just a bit to big for the bed.  Being a 4x4 truck, I can now go back to my old stomping grounds like Janum, Castro's beach, Lost Pond, Channel 10.  Where you do need a 4x4 truck to get in and out of.  If my truck was amphibious, I'd drive it to Cocos Island.  Maybe Ram Trucks will think about that for a future truck. 


No comments:

Post a Comment