Monday, April 8, 2013

Land Recon



Awesome Truck inside the family properties. 


This afternoon, I reconnoitered the family properties.  My first trip in, since ever since, I wanted to make sure that my truck can fit through the easement.  My last truck, a Ram 1500 Club Cab 4x4 scrapped the walls and boulders of the newly made road.  I didn't want to rub up on anything with my new truck.

I did a quick, but slow 4 low, recon in and out.  Mud Hopper did great, of course with me behind the wheel guiding her in.  As I exited the area.  I called my brother and asked if he wanted to come in and check it out.  Stopped by the store to get some drinks, then straight away to his house to pick him up and his grandson, Dayvon.

On the way back in, we stopped by our auntie's house to check in.  She was glad to see us but exclaimed that she was more than upset of who drove into the access road, in a big white truck.  I explained that it was me and that I just wanted to go in and see if I can fit my truck in there.  I wasn't sure it could since it had been a long time since I've been to the family property.  But I needed to try.  I apologized for not stopping by first.  And in the future, I will. 

We placed this pipe in '05.  It's still there.  Added new tape.
Once inside, we found some but not all the markers along the property line.  We weren't sure which was the beginning of one lot and the end of another.   Most of the markers we put up eight years ago were gone except for one.   However, we found two that we couldn't find back then. 

Plans were made to figure out our next move.  First on the list:  Open a dedicated access other than passing through my cousin's property.  We have three options:  Reopen the road that has overgrown along the valley.  Pro:  It's the shortest route.  Con:  We don't know how much of the road is washed out.  Other option is to open by the circle at the back.  that's a 250+ route to open up.  But the most stable.  Last option is to open on the road prior to the family road.  It's a short run too.  But it has a lot of large rocks to break.

We're going to shoot off this marker to confirm ours
In the meantime, we'll continue using the access from my cousin's property.  We just have to stop by our auntie's house to let her know we're passing through to get inside.  I have to gather up my used wooden power poles to use as fence posts. 

Hopefully this year, we'll be on the property ranching it.  Matua Ranch will be moved there in the future.  I'll  need to get fence posts, fencing, water troughs, and other necessary supplies and equipment prior to moving the animals in there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment