Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Rained on, Soaked to the Bone.

Rain Squall behind me.  Already Soaked.
Got home about an hour ago.  I didn't realize that we would be working overtime today.  Someone forgot to tell me about that little bit of information.  At least the guys got the pipes in with the 3 valves and T-connection.  I would have been really upset if we all got soaking wet for nothing.  

We got rained on 5 times the whole afternoon.  The first one wasn't bad.  It was hot and the rain cooled us off.  I started getting  the chills after the 3 squall.  I was totally upset on the last rainfall at 1745.  It was getting dark and I was already miserable.  

Top it off, I was supposed to teach a class this evening at 1700.  I could not call the Operations Manager for my client company.  Since both my phones (personal and company) died out at the same time.  When the manual says battery lasts for 8 hours.  That's all you're going to get before it shuts down on you. 

As soon as I got home, still in my soaking but now dripping wet clothes.   I made the call to cancel class tonight.  There was no way to teach tonight with the chills and the onset of the fever coming on.  I'll have to make up the class on Saturday afternoon.  

I could have just left.  But there is no way that I'll do that.  As long as my crew is working, I'm there.  That's the life of a Site Safety & Health Officer--First in, Last out.  



Keep Smiling  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment