Monday, June 13, 2011

Prepping to Present My First OSHA 30-hour Course.

I'm so exhausted from the USACE 16-hour course this past weekend.  I feel that I did really well as a presenter.  I gave lots of examples from my own experiences in the construction industry.  I also use experiences from the other Safety Instructors who taught me.  I'm really surprised that an Office Secretary missed one question to the Safety Exam at the end, while the Safety Student missed four questions.  I expected it the other way around. 

Tomorrow, I'll be presenting my first OSHA 30-hour Construction Hazard Recognition Course.  Yes, I am an authorized OSHA trainer.  I'm slightly nervous about this course.  It's 4 days long.  Unlike the USACE 16-hour, which I am already comfortable with.  I am looking forward to it. 

I have to go through this level in order for me to teach the bigger OSHA courses like the OSHA 510, 511, 500, and 501.  I have to earn my Blood Stripes.  I'm glad that there will be another instructor there to tag team (Her first time too).  Also, my former Safety Instructor, Samoan Joe will drop in to evaluate me.  I do know, that once I get on the floor to start presenting.  All the jitters will go away. 



No comments:

Post a Comment