Thursday, June 9, 2011

Bush Wacking at the Ranch.

I had fun today bush wacking all the overgrown weeds.  Normally, we call it bush cutting or brush cutting. Today, I was bush wacking.  Is there a difference? Yes, there is.  In bush cutting, you're trying to make the cuttings neat, even, and nice.  While bush wacking is just wacking everything that is the way.  Forget nice, just clear the area. 

There are times I get so focused on the job at hand.  That I don't realize how fast time flies when you're having fun.  When the gas runs out is the time I go on break for a few minutes to get a drink of water, relax a bit, and check up on the time. 

I concentrated on the ranch trails today, on the North Side,  Beating them back with my bush wacking.  Grass debris flying all over the place.  Yes, I was wearing my PPE. 

After lunch, I went back out and started wacking the area by the Lemai tree.  I found my two lemon trees that I planted there a couple of years ago.  I'm using a blade so I had to be careful around the two young trees.  I didn't want to accidentally cut them.  After, I found them. 

Still a lot more to cut on the ranch.  I definitely will have to reinvest in a goat herd. 


ESTA...

1 comment: