Monday, December 24, 2012

Surprised Site Visit.

It's Christmas Eve on the island.  Nothing much going on.  Wife and kids are in Butuan City to celebrate Christmas with the familia there.  I'll be there soon thereafter.  Later on...in the next couple of days.

Didn't know today was an off-day for the company.  Yeah...my buddy Lee told me last Friday.  But he's a joker so I didn't pay to much attention to it.  Found out when I went to work this morning and there was nobody at the trailer, gate was closed.  So I went to my job sites and waited.  Not one person from both companies were around.

Then I drove up to the "Tank" and found a crew working.  That job site is just all ate up in safety violations.  I don't know if the SSHO assigned to that site knows what her crew is doing.  It's just amazing the amount of safety violations that I've found in less than 15 minutes.  The manager of that company just does not care.  Either that, or he has no clue what his responsibilities are in regards to safety.  I am so glad that is not my job site.  But, because that's a P&S Construction Project, I have to insure that the subcontractors follow our Safety and Health Plan. 

Let's get back to Christmas...

Family here have been busy cooking for tonight's Noche Buena, here on the island.  Rhoda is cooking for her family's Noche Buena there in Butuan City.  Food here smells good.  I'm sure the food being cooked by Rhoda is good. 

I was supposed to go shopping today.  I'll forgo until the 26th. 

No comments:

Post a Comment