Friday, May 4, 2012

My take on the information of Guahan's Military Buildup

It never fails whenever I head to the other ranch or meet people at events.  That one of the topics we talk about is the military buildup.  I hear their concerns about the buildup.  All of their concerns are legit.  It seems most if not all are fearful of change. 

My disclosure:  I personally support the buildup, as long as the military stays inside their current footprint. 

Anyway, some of my primo's and friends really believe what they print in the media.  IMHO, if I should do that, I would get a severe migraine from all the back and forth about the buildup itself.  It's going to happen, It's not going to happen...back and forth.  The story always changes depending on whose side you're look at it from. 

The U.S. military does not have to give proper notice to us, island residents, of who and what they will assign to this island.  It's nice that they are doing it now.  But they don't have to tell us anything. 

Now some can believe the local, regional, and national news about the media.  I personally don't take anything in the media to seriously now-a-days.  There is a lot of misinformation going on with almost everyone regarding this on going military buildup. 

I used to be an assigned driver for my regiments signal officer while stationed at Ft. Bragg.  Later, when I went to Germany, I was assigned to drive the Command's Sergeant Major and as an alternate driver  to the commanding general.  Since those days, I've learned never to trust much that is printed in the media. 

The US military does not divulge it's operational plans to the public.  A lot of this posturing that is going on is done at the federal level and our local politicians want to get in on the action.  Majority of the information coming out of DOD is misinformation.  They will only tell us enough of what they want us to know. 

So all this hoopla about the military buildup will settle down. 

If you really want to know about the military buildup.  I can only suggest that  you watch and observe what is going on inside the bases.  A lot of the construction being done is not even buildup related. 

No comments:

Post a Comment