Sunday, June 7, 2015

Philippine Vacation Trip: Cagayan De Oro & Camiguin Island Summary (LATE POST)

Left Guahan on the morning of the 14th of December 2014 on Philippine Airlines.  Arrived in Manila and waited at NAIA Terminal 2.  I thought my connecting flight was at NAIA Terminal 3.  So I headed to the Inter-terminal shuttle.  I was redirected by security that my flight was upstairs.  The security forces are funny.  As I approached their checkpoint, they all saluted me.  I returned their salute with mine, and asked for a Sitrep.  They just greeted me, "Welcome home, Sir!".  I thanked them as I made my way into to the terminal. 

It was great to see Rhoda and my kids later that evening in Cagayan De Oro.  The next day, we boarded a bus to catch the ferry to Camaguin Island.  The bus ride was nauseating even though it was air conditioned.  The ferry ride was fun.  The fresh sea air helped my migraine subside.  We got to our hotel with no issues.  Checked in and had a great dinner. 

The next day was sight seeing.  Rhoda hired a really good driver who took us around.  We spent some time at White Beach Island.  We had to take a motorized canoe over there.  It was really windy and the waves were choppy.  It was fun!  Seeing the excitement in my kids faces was awesome.  The kids played along the beach and in the water.  It was going to rain.  But I did what Pastor James would do.  I prayed against it.  Then a break in the clouds appeared and the sun's rays hit the beach.  Went from cloudy to sunny, prayer works. 

We stopped by the stairs leading up the mountain.  We took pictures at the base.  Then the old Spanish Church along the road.  My son decided he needed to irrigate the lawn.  At least he didn't do inside on holy ground.   Restrooms were less than 200 feet away. 

Our next stop was Soda Springs.  That was a nice pool.  I swam with the kids, enjoyed their company in the kiddie pool.  I then went to the deeper pool.  The water was tingly on my skin.  It was cold but not to cold that it would cause me any pain with my knee or my back. 

We visited the sunken cemetary to take pictures.  Then it was off to Cold Springs.  We had lunch there.  I was really hungry at this point.  I didn't swim.  But I was surprised to see our driver volunteering to swim with my son.  So Frenfren could have fun.  Really impressed at that. 

Our next stop was the Hot Springs.  That was my favorite stop.  The water was nice and hot.  Not to hot to burn, but really relaxed the body.  I am glad that was our last stop.  We left just before sunset.  I learned that after Rhoda and I left the pool some of the visitors there, two guys, made comments about me and Rhoda.  I guess they thought that I'm Yakuza.  I am laughing just thinking about that.  My daughter, Larraine, made some comments back. 

Dinner was fun at the hotel.  I don't know how the kids pulled it off.  But they managed to switch places with their mommy and them.  Rhoda slept in their room.  While the kids slept with me in our room. 

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment